Crash Dummies – I’m scared of real stuff!!!
Are you scared to go to the dental office?
In this short video we try to use humor to alleviate the fear of going to the dentist.
Help Help Me I’m so Scared!!!
* Oh, is it your turn next?
No!!! I already crashed that car going 300 Miles an Hour. I am scared of real stuff. Like the dentist.
* That should be the leaset of your concerns. Dr. Medina over at Seasons of Smiles Dental, has the touch. He staff are friendly and gentle. No seat belts required. Lets give them a call.
Can they at least give me some pain medications?
* Oh my!!!
Easing Dental Fear in Adults.
If you fear going to the dentist, you are not alone. Between 9% and 20% of Americans avoid going to the dentist because of anxiety or fear. Indeed, it is a universal phenomenon.
Dental phobia is a more serious condition than anxiety. It leaves people panic-stricken and terrified. People with dental phobia have an awareness that the fear is totally irrational, but are unable to do much about it. They exhibit classic avoidance behavior; that is, they will do everything possible to avoid going to the dentist. People with dental phobia usually go to the dentist only when forced to do so by extreme pain. Pathologic anxiety or phobia may require psychiatric consultation in some cases.
Other signs of dental phobia include:
- Trouble sleeping the night before the dental exam
- Feelings of nervousness that escalate while in the dental office waiting room
- Crying or feeling physically ill at the very thought of visiting the dentist
- Intense uneasiness at the thought of, or actually when, objects are placed in your mouth during the dental treatment or suddenly feeling like it is difficult to breathe
- Fortunately, there are ways to get people with dental anxiety and dental phobia to the dentist.
If you find this helpful, and care for more information, check out Dental Fear at WebMD.com.