Did you receive our letter? We did our best to send it out to all our patients. If by some chance it did not make it, here is the letter. Stay safe out there, and hopefully we will be open soon. Dr. Medina
May 5, 2020
To all of our patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Janet Mills has asked us, as a dental office, that we only treat dental emergencies. If you feel you are having an emergency, please reach out to us.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our staff is working hard to ensure you that our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We will follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made the changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again and have we will take your temperature when you are at the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in our reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting rooms will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We do not have bathroom facilities available at this time. So please plan accordingly.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. If you have any questions or have an emergency, please call our office at (207) 236-4740 or visit our website.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Norman Medina DDS, graduated from Loma Linda University Dental School in 1994. He has been practicing dentistry in Midcoast Maine since 1994. He and his wife Lanita have four children.