Brush up on Brushing
You brush your teeth so often you probably don’t give it much thought. Take a moment to review some basic information and maintain a healthy mouth.
- Choose your weapon – Select a brush with soft bristles that fits your mouth and is comfortable to hold.
- Perfect your technique – Hold your brush at a 45-degree angle to your gums. Use short strokes and an up-and-down motion.
- Add another rep – Brush two times a day is great, but three times is ideal.
- Watch the Clock. Or TV. – It’s best to spend two minutes a day. A favorite show can help pass the time.
- Surprise your mouth – Switch up your brushing pattern to keep from neglecting to brush the same areas.
- Keep it fresh – Replace your tooth brush every3 to 4 months.
3M Oral Care does not provide dental advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional Information
Norman Medina DDS, graduated from Loma Linda University Dental School in 1994. He has been practicing dentistry in Midcoast Maine since 1994. He and his wife Lanita have four children.