We at Season of Smiles Dental know that removing a tooth can be a very unpleasant experience. We are continuously looking for products to make the transition as comfortable as possible. One product that we have been using for a while now is called Sockit! And I found it while perusing the booths at Yankee Dental Convention. I’m always on the look out for products that will help mouth sores since I have a sensitive mouth and I’m susceptible to canker sores. When I looked at the ingredients, I said ”this is great! all natural food ingredients, soothing healing oils; let’s try it!”
What is SockIt! made of? SockIt! is made from food ingredients, with no artificial components. SockIt! contains mannose polysaccharides from Aloe vera, xylitol and a tiny amount of essential oils of cinnamon, clove, and thyme.
So, when you have an extraction at our office, we will offer Sockit! and you will find your site healing so nicely, you will come back for another tube of this for other mouth abrasions. It’s good stuff!Here are the instructions for Sockit!
Oral Hydrogel Wound Dressing
- Start using Sockit! the day of your procedure. Apply as often as needed for pain relief, but at least 4 times each day until the syringe is empty for optimal healing.
- Unscrew cap from syringe and attach curved tip. Apply to affected area. If there is resistance, gently pull back on the plunger and then continue the application.
- Remove curved tip and rinse with warm water. Recap the syringe and store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Do not rinse with a salt solution or any other product, as this will rinse the gel out.
- Sockit! contains no drugs, is non-toxic, and is safe when swallowed. There are no medical, pharmacological or age restrictions associated with Sockit!
- Store Sockit! at room temperature (between 59oF and 86oF); avoid excessive heat. Do not store in direct sunlight.
- If you have any questions, regarding the use of Sockit!, please call (800) 755-0044 or visit www.sockitgel.com.
(last Revision 4/8/15)