We at Seasons of Smiles Dental take sterilization very seriouly. One service that we partisipate in is spore testing. From our Microbiology courses we learned that spores are the harderst bugs to kill. So on a regular basis we test our sterlizing method by processing these spores. We know that if our sterilizer is killing the spores, it’s doing it’s job.
North Bay/North Bay Bioscience biological sterilizer monitoring helps us with the following.
- 24 hour incubation of steam tests
- Prompt telephone notification on all failed tests
- Quarterly Statement of Test Results
- Secure access to test results online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Email Reminders to Test
- Gram staining verification on all failed tests
- A control strip that accompanies each test strip
- Certificate of Participation
Our certificate of Participation is as follows.
Certificate of Participation
Norman Medina, D.D.S.
Sterilzer monitoring is a regimen of infection control undertake to ensure the health and safety of the patients and staff. This procedure, preformed on a routine basis, is recommended by various healthcare organizations, including: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), American Dental Association (ADA), and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instumentation (AAMI).
Michael E. Kittendorf
North Bay/ Bioscience, LLC
Norman Medina DDS, graduated from Loma Linda University Dental School in 1994. He has been practicing dentistry in Midcoast Maine since 1994. He and his wife Lanita have four children.